Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow storms,asian men and non-profits

Where I live up north (Philly) it's been snowing really bad for the past couple of days. I'm one of those people who can't stand snow,but I love to paint it. So I become a hermit in times like these, I also suffer from a mild case of agoraphobia,which really doesn't help. However I did manage to drag myself out of the house to teach a painting class at Michaels Art And Crafts.One of my students had recently taken a trip to florida and returned with a gift for me. A #1 teacher mug!

Here is the painting I taught during class that day.
Acrylic on canvas board, Grumbacher Academy Acrylic paints
colors used Payne's Grey, Titanium White, Raw Umber, Hookers Green, Cadmium Yellow





Also I have been helping a good friend of mine to raise money for a non-profit called In Our Minds.
The group is raising money to create short films to raise awareness about mental health issues in teens. I also mentioned them in my last blog post.So far we have raised almost 500 dollars for the cause but there is still time. So to help out I created a painting that I plan to sell and donate to this group. I will be selling the original as well as prints of this painting. The original is 11x14



Acrylic on canvas board
colors used: Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre, Alizarin Crimson, Dioxzinene purple, Cadmium Yellow, Burnt Sienna

You can buy prints of this painting and my other works at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/alexa-lebron.html
And keep up with me on FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/lex.lebron.7

No comments:

Post a Comment